FYI: This post is sponsored by Davids Cookies. All thoughts are honest and my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep SHESELLE going!
With Spring in full swing, it’s the perfect time to plan a picnic — whether it’s in the comfort of your own backyard, along the beach, or at a local park! Since I’m a huge sweet tooth, I thought it would be fun to center an entire picnic around dessert and David’s Cookies made it incredibly easy to execute! Within a span of 1-2 days, I received a delicious assortment of lemon pie, twelve piece mini cheesecakes, and dozens of cookies delivered straight to my door step. Oh and the cookies are baked and shipped the same exact day and are free of preservatives… how crazy is that?!
When planning a picnic, it’s super important that the food transports well! You don’t want to spoil your experience, right? Luckily, all of these desserts held up perfectly under the warm weather and were 100% fuss free. This is largely due to the fact that all baked goods are packaged safely in a cooler filled with dry ice upon delivery to ensure that you receive the best quality ever! Keep reading to see how the picnic turned out along with a yummy Cookie Sandwich recipe to pair along with it.
COOKIE SANDWICH RECIPE
Although Davids Cookies are delicious on their own, it wouldn’t be a Sheselle recipe without some marshmallows and a touch of sprinkles… right?! These M&M Cookie Sandwiches are the perfect cure to satisfy any sweet tooth and the fact that they are finger food make it perfect for a picnic. You don’t have to worry about bringing utensils and the frosting is so easy to work with (no melting here!) You can quickly whip these up in the morning, store them in an air-tight container, and they’re good to go!
What you need
Serving Size: 12-24 cookies
- 1 7oz tub Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 Cup or 2 Sticks of Salted Butter at Room Temeprature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 tsp Milk or Cream
- 1 lb or 3 3/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Your choice of Cookies (I used Candy Cookies)
- In a bowl, combine Marshmallow Fluff, Butter, and Vanilla Extract. Use an electric mixer on low to medium speed until fluffy.
- Pour in Milk (or Cream) and slowly add in Powdered Sugar. Again, mix on low to medium speed until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Depending on your desired consistency, add an additional tsp of Milk.
- Spoon cream frosting into a piping bag or ziplock bag by snipping the corner.
- In circular motions and beginning at the middle, gently squeeze out cream frosting onto bottom of one cookie (leaving about 1/2 inch from the rim). How much or how little is up to you!
- Place bottom of second cookie on top and apply pressure until frosting reaches edges of cookies.
- Carefully pour sprinkles all over frosting area and repeat steps 5-7 until frosting runs out!
- Place in a container at room temperature before serving!
I hope this inspires you to go outdoors, spend quality time with the people you love, and bond over some tasty desserts! Be sure to check out David’s Cookies to learn more about the delicious selection of sweets that they offer. They carry everything from cookies, cookie dough, cheesecakes, brownies, cakes, to pretty much everything you can think of! If you don’t know where to begin, you can take a peak at their best sellers here.
Products Styled: Fresh Baked Candy Cookies | Lemon Flower Tart | Assorted Mini Cheesecakes
xo, Donna Belle